Thought the Vic was running like new? I did. Until I hooked up the tape drive. I send it the load command, and hit play on tape. The Vic recognizes that I hit play and starts searching. But the drive doesn’t move the tape. Checked the belt, and it’s fine. The motors just aren’t moving, and I tried it on two tape drives. Looks like a transistor bit the dust. 2SD880 in location Q1. Tried to find one at the electronics shop when in Toronto, but no luck. Going to need to order one (and hopefully a bunch of other stuff because postage will be 16x the price of a single transistor). I also need to pick up a real axial capacitor for the Vic, and take out the hobbled together radial capacitor that I shoved in there for the time being.
Just my first entry. Nothing fancy yet. Trying to figure this out.